This has become a continual frustration for me and my fellow technicians, because we suspect this issue will come up again, we will now explain the process.
- Download the office deployment tool
- click on the office deployment tool and install it
- (this will install something called a setup.exe and a couple example configuration files)
- Open up the configuration file title configuration-Office365-x64.xml
- Copy and paste the following code in between the <configuration> tags
<Display Level=“None” AcceptEULA=“True” />
<Property Name=“SharedComputerLicensing” Value=“1” />
- Open up cmd line tool, be sure to run as administration
- navigate to the directory path with the setup.exe file and .xml config file and run the following command in cmd line
setup.exe /configure configuration-Office3650x64.xml
- then click i want to activate the key manual once office has finished installing.